Analytics

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Week 10 Human Interest

Adding the human factor to blogs, posts, or whatever brings a sense of community to a business. This reminds me of something I was just told recently "People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it" or "People don't buy what you sell, they buy why you sell it". In our business we call this our "Why", by adding emotion or personal thought we connect with our customers on a level that is more then just retailer and consumer. The sale feels better when it comes organically, if I have to push something on someone for them to buy it I might get one sale out of them, but if I can connect and build that trust I will have a shopper for life. Now of course there is a time and place for everything, on my public business page I might not share as many personal thoughts, but when you become a VIP member thats when we really get to know each other and build that trust. So finding that balance that works for your business or service really comes down to you as a business owner and what it is you are looking for.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jason!
    I really like what you said. I feel the same way as a consumer, that when the experience with a company is organic I have a higher chance of returning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason! I 100% agree. I definitely would pass on someone who is trying to just sell me something. For example, sales people at gyms. The majority don't honestly care to see you succeed - they are there to make commission so they'll say whatever they need to. I'm like bye boy! You can definitely tell when someone is genuine in their pitch to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jason, I think you made a great point about needing to know the "why" of your business. Once you have that, it can really dictate your whole sales strategy and how you want to appeal to your customer.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17 Last Post

Hmm, how has my use of social media changed? Well I guess you could say I have a better understanding of the SM platforms that our available...