Analytics

Monday, May 6, 2019

Week 13 post 1

I find this Blog to be a bit hard for me, trying to find 5 businesses similar to mine should be easy. On the contrary it isn't that easy, I mean sure its women clothing and there are a million companies, but I don't find them to be like ours. I will the basses of MLM's in general and find companies that sell products as close to ours as I can or that use a similar model for selling online.

1. Looking within my own company LuLaRoe (LLR) there are some very big sellers $100K a month, their advertising is awesome utilizing Facebook and Instagram as the primary. That being said I know the amount they are paying for their ads and I would say that its not worth it in the end. Over $20-$30K a month is crazy.

2. Dot Dot Smile, another MLM business that is doing well, however most of the retailers were previously LLR retailers and the ads are very much the same with just a name change.

3. Decided to throw Gucci in the mix, I mean do they really even need to advertise to us commoners. LOL. Anyways they have an enormous advertising budget and with 18 million likes on Facebook I would say we are not in the same, well anything. However I do like the artistry of their photography and the almost total disregard for public acceptance in that aspect. I also find some of what they do completely off the charts annoying, lets face it half of styles they show look like it belongs in a circus act.

4. Wild at Heart Boutique, this is a similar concept to LLR and is advertised quite a bit on Facebook and Instagram. The ads are decently made and target the same demographic that I do with my own ads. I did find the that the diversity in sizes was not captured well in the advertising which I understand, but I don't agree with it. So for that reason it is kind of hitting me the wrong way and as a consumer I can only imagine plus size ladies my be uncomfortable asking questions.

5. Ok just found this company by searching "Companies like LLR" Buskins leggings, they do advertise on SM and offer free shipping. The biggest draw back in my eyes is they don't offer very good customer service, I tried to ask a question and didn't get a reply as of yet. Also the quality of their ads isn't that great, kind of sloppy.

Ok so to compare the different types of advertising you have to look at what the product line is, some products really don't make sense to advertise in a traditional manner. That being said I find SM advertising more engaging for me, I think that print media is dying and even magazines are utilizing digital and SM more and more. For small business its not even worth trying print media as it is expensive and your content must be made available so far in advance that major changes in your business may take place before your ad ever runs. Traditional advertising is for big budget companies in my opinion, now I wish I was at a point where I could say man I need to run more ads on TV or Radio and maybe one day I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 Last Post

Hmm, how has my use of social media changed? Well I guess you could say I have a better understanding of the SM platforms that our available...